Friday, June 19, 2009

The Clapper





Ok. On a lighter note, I'll tell you a funny story. About a year ago, I broke the switch in the lamp beside our bed, so it is always on. I just plug/unplug when I want light/dark. About six months ago, I was walking around in the electrical department at Menard's when I came across the solution... The Clapper. I love this thing. It is handy and it is dandy. I couldn't wait for the first night. I already had the light on and was reading when Holly came to bed. I just looked at her and clapped my hands and we both broke out laughing. Outwardly, she thinks that I am a dork. Inwardly, she is jealous and has been trying to break the switch on her lamp. I told the boys that it was voice-activated, but that only lasted a couple weeks. Now, when they walk by our bedroom, they just clap their hands to mess with the light. Honestly, this is not the first time that I have received applause in bed.

2 comments:

lindemrm said...

I've always wanted a clapper. Despite what anyone says, they are, in fact, cool.

Ashley and Evan said...

Evan, the mechanic, has been ragging on you. Him and all his mechanic friends laugh when they talk about how easy it would have been to buy a replacement switch for the lamp. They think that's what any "normal" person would have thought to do. Inwardly and outwardly, we all think you are a dork. And, I think the only applause you've ever received in the boudoir is a slap across the face.

Signed,
Your most favorite sister-in-law Ashley