Friday, May 29, 2009

Beer-Guzzling Granny





For Mother's Day, we got my Mom a nice beer mug that could hold a little over two beers because she is such a boozer. No, just kidding. We actually ordered 24-ounce water bottles for both our Moms with special engraving like #1 Granny and #1 MeMe. Needless to say, we were pretty surprised the beer mug showed up instead of our order. The lady at the company was really nice and said they would send out the water bottle and we would have it in time. They also said they didn't have a need for the beer mug since it said #1 Granny, so we could just keep it. We decided to give it to Granny and act like that was her real present. I must say that either Granny really liked the beer mug or she didn't want to hurt our feelings and put on a great performance. Either way, we also gave her the real gift which she also seemed to like, so who knows.

5 comments:

Ashley and Evan said...

Granny looks more excited to have the beer mug than the water bottle. I knew there was something special about her! Hopefully, it's full of Miller Lite and none of that Bud Light crap!!!

Unknown said...

I do love both the mug and the water bottle. I have the mug displayed in my glass cabinet and when Ashley and Evan are home maybe we will just fill it up with Miller Lite and have a drink, if I can keep Papaw out of it.

Uncle Bob said...

Needless to say I can't wait to Uncles Day to get My #1 Uncle Bob mug.

hncfarley said...

You can see Dad eye-balling the mug in the background. You know he probably wants one for Father's Day. Tim, I am afraid a 24-ounce mug would slow you down. He, he, he.

Uncle Bob said...

Never slowed down, never filled up.