Friday, May 8, 2009

Marley & Me


How many of you have seen this movie? Well, a long time ago, we decided that we wanted to get the boys a puppy when we moved to the country. We have always wanted a really light yellow lab. I know we have been in the country for a couple years, but it has been one thing after another. You know like building a house, having a baby, etc., etc. Well, the time is now and now is the time. We have been looking for a couple months, but have not had any luck. I don't know how people adopt kids. We can't even decide on a dog. Anyway, we have finally found one that we really like up around Joliet. Hopefully, we are going to get him next week. Don't tell the kids. It is a secret!

7 comments:

Ashley and Evan said...

How exciting! What if the dog turns out to be just as rambunctious as Marley? Are you going to keep it in the house? Are you going to be like Kate and pick out "approved" dog names for the boys to use?

hncfarley said...

This dog isn't going to be living in the house! He may come in on OCCASION but will be an outside dog. I already said that I agree with Kate on this one, I won't name the dog myself, but it has to be an approved name. After having two bunnies named Whitie and blackie, and two kittens named cuddley and whiskers, the boys have definately had their turn at picking out names. That is all we need, a dog named Fido or paws!
Ross came up with the name Charley and it will probably be his name. not sure if we will spell it with an ie or y.

Amber M said...

I did see the movie. It is very cute, well for the most part. Except for the parts where I was balling my eyes out. I think those dogs are the cutest!!!

Sarah D said...

What about a BLACK lab??

kellyhemrich said...

We are going to get a dog when we move. I want a cute little dog- like the Eatons. The boys want a big dog. My "little brother" is a medium size Boston terrior- Kade & Rubin are best friends. He is big enough to not break when Kade body slams him. Garrett thinks we need 2 dogs!!!

hncfarley said...

Black is fleeting. We are afraid that in about four years, we would be wishing that we had never gotten a black dog.

Sarah D said...

Chuck--that was perhaps the best come back EVAH!