Monday, July 21, 2008

Great Book




I rented this book recently from the library and recommend it. The book is titled "Hope's Boy." It is a memoir, which I must admit, if it isn't something to do with nursing, I stick to fiction. However, I read a review of this book and thought I would give it a try.

I couldn't put it down! It is about a boy who grew up in the foster system. It is sad but I now have a new understanding of foster care. I even wanted to be a foster parent,if only for a minute(Chad brought me back to reality), and give a kid more. It is so unfair that all kids can't have wonderful families to love them.

Just thought I would share.

5 comments:

Sarah D said...

What a great idea Holly!

I hope more people do some book reviews on their blogs. I am always in the market for a good read and it so hard to know what to get at the library.

Ashley and Evan said...

I definitely want to give this book a read. Did Oprah do a review of this book or did you hear about it word-of-mouth?

hncfarley said...

I read a review in a magazine, I don't remember which one now. That is usually how I decide what to read if I am experimenting with authors outside my comfort zone.
I agree with Sarah, it is hard to decide. We really need to do a book club.

Anonymous said...

This book sounds good. I usually don't read anything except fiction too. I may have to see if my library has this one next time.

We must be on the same page today...my post was about books as well!

Dave & Glenda said...

I dont know if I will read the book, but it takes special people to be foster parents. I have a friend from work that had no children of there own, and became foster parents. They have adopted 4 foster children and the stories they can tell! They are very special!!!!