Monday, July 14, 2008

Allergic to Broccoli???




Chad has always joked that he is "Allergic"to Broccoli therefore cannot eat it. I confirmed with his mother that he truly is not allergic but it is his excuse for not liking it. A few weeks ago I made steamed Broccoli for supper and made all the boys eat it, even Chad. Well, Ross tried but he could not swallow it. It reminded me of the Survivor episodes where they have to eat bugs and chickens and stuff, alot of gagging involved. We definitely voted him out after puking it back onto his plate. So he was telling people that he was allergic to Broccoli and I kept telling him that he wasn't allergic he just didn't like it. So over the week-end Ross and I were having the conversation again and he said to me, " Why can't I be allergic to Broccoli, I really want to be!?"

10 comments:

Sarah D said...

You need to offer a reward. At least on Survivor they got something for eating the gross food!

DeAnn said...

Oddly enough Maddox loves broccoli. Larry tells him it'll put hair on his chest! Maybe your boys would go for that, even Chad.

Unknown said...

I agree with Ross he can be allergic if he wants too, It worked for his Dad all these years.
Granny

Sarah D said...

Chad could probably use a little hair for his chest.

Ashley and Evan said...

So, I guess you won't be offering the family 100 calorie broccoli packs anytime soon.

Betsy R said...

That seems to be a common allergy Josh and Olivia seem to suffer from that also.

Jamee said...

Both of my kids like broccoli, Emily calls them trees. They don't like mashed potatoes, how wierd is that, I think its unamerican.

hncfarley said...

For the record, I really am alergic. It causes my pants to swell. And also for the record, I started shaving my chest when we got the pool. All swimmers shave. That's a rule.

Sarah D said...

Whatever it takes for you to shave a few seconds off of your 100 meter breaststroke Chad.

As long as you don't start greasing up and wearing one of those one piece Speedo things. Not a good visual.

James Family said...

You are hilarious! I'm loving this blog... Chris is constantly asking "What are you laughing at?" and so I end up reading them...
This was my favorite, next to the buying red shoes in Olney before heading to Evansville.
HA!
Cheryl