Monday, July 6, 2009

Black Gold

We are finally composting. After prodding Chad for a couple of years and even buying him a plan to build a compost bin(trying to utilize all those tools he had to have for his shed), he finally BOUGHT me a compost tumbler for my birthday. He suprised me with it this week-end.
I have always wanted to try composting and after moving up here to the mound of clay, all the research I did said that adding in compost to the clay soil in gardens and flower beds would make a huge difference. So we will see. Happy to me!

2 comments:

Ashley and Evan said...

So jealous! I can't wait to hear how it all works out. I've been wanting one for a while. I'll definitely have to check yours out when we're home.

Unknown said...

Looks great! Sometimes I think they would be nice to have. I'll see how you do. Chad better not give up on his garden now, that you are into composting.
MOM