Monday, December 29, 2008

Really Honked Off about Going Green!

Ok, here is my gripe. I have been making a very good attempt to be more conscious of what goes into landfills and preserving our beautiful country, blah, blah, blah. Now I am not talking about using cloth napkins or going to the bathroom outdoors or anything really drastic. But I have been trying to recycle. We use a lot of Milk jugs and plastic in general so I was feeling like we shouldn't just keep dumping it into the landfills. We also have bins in our garage for glass, aluminum, and steel (I know what you are thinking....that is over the top).
However, has anyone tried to recycle in our town?? Every time I go to take my stuff to the recycle bin it is full! Come on already, post a sign that says when they pick up that sh*t so I won't load my car and go down there when it is probably full( As if I am taking that stuff back to my house). And today I was so mad that I put the plastic in the aluminum and I don't feel bad about it at all. With every other commercial pushing America to go green, give us the tools already! Ok, I am done

6 comments:

Jamee said...

Can I post this in the Eagle, I think it could be "letter to the editor" worthy ;)

kellyhemrich said...

I hate it every year that they cut down a 30 year old tree for the plaza in New York. My kids even said "why don't they just plant a tree there!" EXACTLY! How did they get so smart? Must be Rob.

Sarah D said...

I have a post on my blob for you.

It suggest another way for you to save the earth.

Ashley and Evan said...

I feel your pain. We don't have the luxury of a pick up recycling company in our area so we must drive ours to the drop off location. And just like yours, ours is always full. I've gotten to the point where I tell myself, "Oh, this crap is going in whether they like it or not!" They really need to make it easier for people otherwise; no one is going to do it.

aczumbahlen said...

Sarah D-does it tell you pacifically how to save the earth??!!

J Michl said...

Holly.....
I know you posted this a while back....but just had to laugh when I drove by the DG to see all the recycling strung all over the place. Looks very "trashy" ....heehee.
I think this IS letter worthy...GO HOLLY!!!!!!
Jill