Monday, September 1, 2008

Turning Over a New Leaf

Ok, a couple of times over the years I have read that you aren't supposed to make resolutions on New Years but instead on September 1. I don't really remember why, exactly, but something to do with all the pressure and chaos of that time of the year.
So this year I decided to try it. The leaves are beginning to turn into my second favorite time of the year and we have somewhat settled into a school/work routine.
Now I have alot of things to change in my life, you know the usually laundry list: too much cursing, spending too little time with kids/yelling at kids, patience, gossiping, indulging too much....and the list goes on. However, this September I am going to work on that last 10pounds that little Luke needed. He is 8 months old now and doing fine on his own so I am going to step up my exercise and tone down the eating. I really want to fit into my old jeans!
So that is where I need the help. I am stuck on the same old snacks and meals. What foods do you all like to eat that is "Good for you?" Or maybe you have a trick that will get me motivated.
Maybe you know some crazy info like double stuff oreos are 1/2 the fat and calories than regular????? That would really help!

6 comments:

Jamee said...

It must be in the water, Hank wants to join the library wt. loss challenge, I am thinking about it. I have 10 pounds to go, why does it seem like so much. I think the last 10 is the hardest.

Sarah D said...

I am glad you decided to go with weight instead of losing the gossip!

I can deal with a skinnier Holly, but a gossip free Holly?...not so much!

Kate said...

Holly - I don't know where you have that supposed extra 10 pounds hidden. Is it in your feet or something?

I tried Barry's Boot Camp videos - they worked great and weren't the usual aerobics type stuff. If only I would have STUCK with it though . . .

Ashley and Evan said...

Amen to that Sarah! Holly is never allowed to be gossip free!

Let's see..suggestions for new snacks. How about 1 serv. baked tostitos scoops with salsa, a serv. of triscuit thin crisps with string cheese, 100 calorie popcorn with spray butter, yogurt with berries and a little granola, a couple slices of turkey with a slice of cheese, apple and some peanut butter, a serv. of unsalted almonds, a tall glass of milk, one of those small containers of applesauce, cottage cheese with some tomato or olive slices (I know you like yours salty), or some pudding. That's all I got right now.

What have you been eating that you are burned out on?

hncfarley said...

Oh my gosh Ashley, you really are a freak show!
You should re-consider being a registered dietition.

Sarah D said...

Holly,

Not sure if this is true or not, but I usually go with the "drink a diet coke with whatever you eat and it cancels out all of the calories" school of thought. I know you don't drink soda as a general rule, but maybe you should start!

S